Why a management system for records?
The ISO 30300 series of MSR standards was initiated to:
- link records management to organizational success and accountability
- provide management with tools to implement a systematic and verifiable approach to the creation and control of records
- support the records management and documentation requirements of organizations implementing other management systems standards, such as risk, quality, and social responsibility.
A ‘management system’ is a set of interrelated or interacting elements of an organization to establish policies and objectives and processes to achieve those objectives. A management system for records is the ‘management system to direct and control an organization with regard to records’. Management system standards are popular ISO standards. More information.
The ISO 30300 series, supported by related ISO TC46/SC11International Standards and Technical Reports is intended to improve the creation and control of records and set benchmarks for organizations to assess the adequacy of their records. This consistency with other management systems standards enables greater communication and cooperation across disciplines, especially for integrated implementation and conformity assessment.
Products of the series are:
ISO 30302:2022 Management systems for records - Guidelines for implementation gives guidance for the implementation of an MSR compliant with ISO 30301. It describes the activities to be undertaken when designing, implementing and monitoring an MSR.
Find in this subsection information about the Interpretation process and Q&A
- ISO 30300 briefing brochure UPDATED 2021
- Guidance for implementing “Documented Information ” clause using processes and controls in ISO 30301:2019 Management systems for records - Requirements . UPDATED 2021(English)
- Comparison between ISO 30301 (2011) and ISO 30301 (2019) (English)
- Relationships between ISO 30300 series of standards and other products of ISO TC46/SC11. Processes and controls (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Articles in ISO Focus