Accreditation Auditing Practices Group
Welcome to the website of the Accreditation Auditing Practices Group.
This website has been established as an on-line source of papers and presentations on accreditation auditing practices, against the International Standards and Guides produced by ISO/CASCO. The ideas, examples and explanations given reflect the process-based approach that is essential for the accreditation of Certification/Registration Bodies (CRBs) that are themselves applying such an approach in the certification of organizations to ISO 9001 Quality management systems - Requirements. The website is primarily aimed at accreditation bodies and their auditors, as well as certification/registration bodies and their auditors.
The papers and presentations that make up the content of this website are not definitive. They reflect a number of different views in accreditation auditing. As such, their content may not always be consistent. It is not intended that the website's content will be used as specified requirements, an industry benchmark, or as criteria that all accreditation bodies, accreditation auditors, or practitioners have to follow.
Feedback from users will be used by the Accreditation Auditing Practices Group to determine whether additional guidance documents should be developed, or if these current ones should be revised. Comments on the papers or presentations can be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.
The Co-Conveners of the Accreditation Auditing Practices Group are Mr Fei Yang (Deputy Director, CNAS, China) and Mrs Joana dos Guimarães Sá (from IQNet - the International Certification Network).
Accreditation auditing topics
- Introduction to the Accreditation Auditing Practices Group
- The witnessing of CAB audits by an accreditation body
- "Process Approach" based accreditation audits
- Auditor Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Criteria for Competence of AB Assessors and Assessment Teams
- Auditing Accreditation Scopes
- Auditing a CAB’s Conformity to ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015, Clause 5.2.3
- Auditing Certification Body management systems based on ISO 9001 (Option B from Clause 10 of ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015)
- Deployment of the Expected Outcomes Documents
- Control of CABs' foreign or remote locations
- The conduct of integrated assessments of a CAB operating more than one MS certification scheme
- Possible indicators of CAB Performance
- Good practices for AB’s and CAB’s in the Transition to ISO 9001:2015
- Auditing the CAB’s Rules governing Clients’ Statements of Management System Certification on Product Packaging or in Accompanying Information
[TRANSLATIONS - Links to translations of the above documents]
Information on the Revision Status of the above guidance notes.
© Copyright ISO & IAF 2017 - All rights reserved
Abbreviations and Definitions
On this website the following abbreviations are commonly used:
Auditee = the organization being audited
CAB = Conformity Assessment Body
NCR = Non-conformity report
QMS = Quality management system
Useful web sites:
http://www.iaf.nu/ International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
http://www.iso.org/ International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
http://www.tc176.org/ ISO Technical Committee no. 176, Quality Management and Quality Assurance (ISO/TC 176)
https://committee.iso.org/home/tc176sc2 ISO/TC 176, Sub-committee no.2, Quality Systems (ISO/TC 176/SC 2)
The contributions on this website have not been subject to an endorsement process by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the ISO Policy Committee for Conformity Assessment, the ISO Technical Committee 176 or the International Accreditation Forum (IAF).
The information contained on this website is available to the public for educational and communication purposes and the Accreditation Auditing Practice Group does not take responsibility for any errors, omissions or other liabilities that may arise from the provision or subsequent use of such information.
All rights reserved.
The material on this website is subject to ISO and IAF copyright.
Therefore and unless otherwise specified, no part of these ISO / IAF publications may be reproduced or utilized (including reproduction in whole or in part to another Internet site), in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, microfilm, scanning, etc., without permission in writing from the publishers.
Requests should be addressed to:
ISO Copyright Office
1, Ch.de la Voie-Creuse
Case postale 56
CH-1211 Geneva 20
Fax +41 22 749 09 47