This list of standards has been compiled to support global efforts in dealing with the COVID-19 crisis. They are freely available in read-only format.
ISO standards are internationally agreed by experts
Think of them as a formula that describes the best way of doing something.
It could be about making a product, managing a process, delivering a service or supplying materials – standards cover a huge range of activities.
Standards are the distilled wisdom of people with expertise in their subject matter and who know the needs of the organizations they represent – people such as manufacturers, sellers, buyers, customers, trade associations, users or regulators.
- Quality management standards to help work more efficiently and reduce product failures.
- Environmental management standards to help reduce environmental impacts, reduce waste and be more sustainable.
- Health and safety standards to help reduce accidents in the workplace.
- Energy management standards to help cut energy consumption.
- Food safety standards to help prevent food from being contaminated.
- IT security standards to help keep sensitive information secure.
Discover some of the best-known and most widely-used standards, as well as those that address recently emerged challenges affecting us all.
When things don't work as they should, it often means that standards are absent.