Who are we?
In this fast changing environment it's important to have robust risk management processes in place. ISO/TC 262 ‘Risk Management’ develops international standards in the field of risk management to support organizations in all their activities including making decisions to manage and minimize the effects of accidents, disasters and faults in technical systems as well as response and recovery from major disruptive risks. The technical committee aims to create a logical and consistent family of standards that provides guidance based on market needs.
ISO/TC 262 has responsibility for the below standards:
- ISO 31000 -- Risk management -- Guidelines
- (Handbook) ISO 31000 -- Risk management -- A practical guide
- IEC 31010 -- Risk management -- Risk assessment techniques
- ISO 31022 -- Risk management -- Guidelines for the management of legal risk
- ISO 31030 -- Managing travel risks -- Guidance for organizations
- ISO 31031 -- Managing risk for youth and school trips
- ISO 31050 -- Guidance for managing emerging risks to enhance resilience
- ISO 31073 -- Risk management -- Vocabulary
Apart from these standards the technical committees is also continuously reviewing new areas where standards can support organizations.
Find out more about these standards in the Projects section of this site.
Related ISO pages
Want to get involved?
Standards are developed by the people who need them – that could mean you. Technical committees include experts from both standards and industry and these experts are put forward by ISO’s national members. If you want to help shape future standards in your field, contact your national member