ISO 15638-1:2012 provides the following for cooperative telematics applications for regulated commercial freight vehicles:
- A framework for the provision of cooperative telematics application services for regulated commercial freight vehicles;
- A description of the concept of operation, regulatory aspects and options and the role models;
- A conceptual architecture using an on-board platform and wireless communications to a regulator or his agent;
- References for the key documents on which the architecture is based;
- Details of the architecture of the facilities layer;
- A taxonomy of the organisation of generic procedures;
- Common terminology for the ISO 15638 family of standards.
ISO 15638-1:2012 is based on a (multiple) service provider oriented approach.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2012-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 107
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 204 Intelligent transport systems
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.20 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.