ISO 9349:2017 specifies the requirements and test methods applicable to preinsulated ductile iron pipes, fittings, accessories and their joints for the construction of pipelines (or parts thereof):
- to convey water (e.g. potable water), wastewater and other liquids;
- to be operated with or without pressure;
- to be installed below or above ground;
- to limit temperature variations of the conveyed fluids. These pipelines are mainly used to prevent the water to be conveyed from freezing by providing external insulation.
NOTE 1 In this document, all pressures are relative pressures expressed in bars).
ISO 9349:2017 gives, in addition to the specifications of the existing International Standards for the conveying ductile iron pipes and fittings, specifications for materials, dimensions and tolerances, mechanical and thermal properties of the thermal insulation layer and external casing of preinsulated ductile iron pipes, fittings and accessories.
ISO 9349:2017 covers preinsulated ductile iron pipes, fittings and accessories of a size range extending from DN 60 to DN 600 inclusive, which are as follows:
- manufactured with socketed, flanged or spigot ends for jointing by means of various types of gaskets which are not within the scope of this document;
- preinsulated in the works (excluding on site application of the insulation layer and/or the casing);
- normally delivered internally and externally coated;
- intended for fluid temperatures from 0 °C to 50 °C, excluding frost.
NOTE 2 Other applications are possible by agreement between manufacturer and purchaser.
) 100 kPa = 1 bar.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2017-03
Edition : 3Number of pages : 7
Technical Committee:Cast iron pipes, fittings and their joints
Buy this standard
|PDF + ePub|