ISO 25649-3:2017 is applicable for CLASS A classified floating leisure articles for use on and in water according to ISO 25649‑1 regardless whether the buoyancy is achieved by inflation or inherent buoyant material.
ISO 25649-3:2017 is to be applied with ISO 25649‑1 and ISO 25649‑2.
NOTE 1 Typical products forming Class A (see Annex A):
- "Floating Islands" in near round or square shaped forms decorated with palm tree, sun shade, etc. high superstructure;
- large floats/rafts in various forms from round to square;
- large floating tubes, giant tubes (inflatable or inherently buoyant);
- floating arm chairs, seats and sun beds;
- air mattresses for use on the water;
- recreational rafts/floating platforms/pontoons.
NOTE 2 Typical places for application:
- protected areas of lakes, ponds;
- protected area sea shore (no offshore winds, no currents).
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 15
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 83 Sports and other recreational facilities and equipment
- ICS :
- 97.220.40 Outdoor and water sports equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 92||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 92||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Will be replaced byUnder development
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.