ISO 25649-1:2017 specifies safety requirements and test methods related to materials, safety, performance for classified floating leisure articles for use on and in water in accordance with Clause 4 (see Table 1).
ISO 25649-1:2017 is only applicable with ISO 25649‑2 and the relevant specific parts (ISO 25649‑3 to ISO 25649‑7).
NOTE 1 Specific safety requirements are specified in ISO 25649‑3 to ISO 25649‑7.
NOTE 2 The specific parts can include exclusions from the general requirements specified in this document and/or ISO 25649‑2.
ISO 25649-1:2017 is not applicable to:
- aquatic toys according to European Directive 2009/48/EC (use in shallow waters/use under supervision);
- inflatable boats with a buoyancy > 1 800 N according to European Directive 94/25/EC;
- buoyant aids for swimming instructions according to European Directive 89/686/EEC;
- air mattresses which are not specifically designed or intended for use on the water (e.g. velour bed, self inflating mattress and rubberized cotton air mattress);
- floating seats for angling purposes;
- surf sports type devices (e.g. body boards, surf boards);
- water ski, wakeboard or kite surfing board;
- devices made from rigid materials e.g. wood, aluminium, hard or non-deformable plastic;
- devices which are kept in shape by permanent air flow;
- rings intended for use on water slides;
- wading devices.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 29
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 83 Sports and other recreational facilities and equipment
- ICS :
- 97.220.40 Outdoor and water sports equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Will be replaced byUnder development
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.