ISO 8710:2010 Preview
Motorcycles -- Brakes and brake systems -- Tests and measurement methods
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2015. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 8710:2010 specifies tests and measurement methods for service brake systems and, where applicable, associated parking brake systems of two‑wheeled motorcycles (3‑3), motorcycles with sidecar (3‑4) and tricycles (3‑5) which are intended for use on public roads, in order to establish uniform worldwide test procedures for braking systems.
ISO 8710:2010 does not cover motorcycles which:
- have a maximum speed of less than 25 km/h;
- are equipped for disabled riders.
ISO 8710:2010 sets out the following types of tests:
- dynamic tests:
- dry stop test (single brake control actuated);
- dry stop test (all service brake controls actuated);
- high speed test;
- wet brake test;
- heat fade test;
- parking brake system test;
- failure tests:
- partial failure test (for split service brake systems);
- power‑assisted brake system failure test.
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda