ISO 8336:2009 specifies methods for the inspection and testing of fibre-cement flat sheets and gives the acceptance conditions for their use in one or more of the following applications:
- external wall and ceiling finishes;
- internal wall and ceiling finishes;
- internal and external backing sheets.
Products covered by ISO 8336:2009 can be used for other purposes, provided they comply with the appropriate national or international application code or standard.
NOTE 1 ISO 8336:2009 does not apply to sheets for fire protection purposes
NOTE 2 ISO 8336:2009 does not include calculations for installation design requirements, wind uplift or water proofing of the installed sheets.
NOTE 3 ISO 8336:2009 does not apply to the following products:
- boards of Portland or equivalent cement reinforced with fibrous wood particles;
- fibre-reinforced boards of calcium silicate or cement for thermal insulation or fire protection;
- sheets containing asbestos fibre reinforcement;
- sheets containing steel fibre reinforcement;
- fibre-cement roofing slates.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2009-05
Edition: 2Number of pages: 48
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 77 Products in fibre reinforced cement