The Forward Space Packet (FSP) service is a Space Link Extension (SLE) transfer service that enables a mission to send Space Packets to a spacecraft in sequence-controlled or expedited mode. ISO 22672:2006 defines, in an abstract manner, the FSP service in terms of
- the operations necessary to provide the transfer service;
- the parameter data associated with each operation;
- the behaviours that result from the invocation of each operation;
- the relationship between, and the valid sequence of, the operations and resulting behaviours.
It does not specify
- individual implementations or products;
- the implementation of entities or interfaces within real systems;
- the methods or technologies required to radiate Space Packets to a spacecraft and to acquire telemetry frames from the signals received from that spacecraft for extraction of the Operational Control Field;
- the methods or technologies required for communications;
- the management activities necessary to schedule, configure, and control the FSP service.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2006-06
Edition: 1Number of pages: 194
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 13 Space data and information transfer systems