ISO 10003:2007 provides guidance for an organization to plan, design, develop, operate, maintain and improve an effective and efficient dispute-resolution process for complaints that have not been resolved by the organization. ISO 10003:2007 is applicable to:
- complaints relating to the organization's products intended for, or required by, customers, the complaints-handling process or dispute-resolution process;
- resolution of disputes arising from domestic or cross-border business activities, including those arising from electronic commerce.
ISO 10003:2007 is intended for use by organizations regardless of type, size and product provided, and deals with
- guidance on determining when and how organizations can participate in dispute resolution,
- guidance on the selection of providers and use of their services,
- top management involvement in, and commitment to, dispute resolution and deployment of adequate resources within the organization,
- the essentials for fair, suitable, transparent and accessible dispute resolution,
- guidance on management of an organization's participation in dispute resolution, and
- monitoring, evaluating and improving the dispute-resolution process.
ISO 10003:2007 is not intended for certification or for contractual purposes. It does not apply to the resolution of other types of disputes, such as employment disputes. It is not intended to change any rights or obligations provided by applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
ISO 10003:2007 does not apply to complaints handling within an organization.
Status : WithdrawnPublication date : 2007-12
Edition : 1Number of pages : 34
Technical Committee:Supporting technologies