Please click on the header to see updates form ISO/TC 68 SC2 WG18 and WG19.
ISO/TC 68/SC 2/WG 18 "Customer identification and authentification technologies" held its kick-off e-meeting on Sept 10 2020. The mandate of this WG is to complete the new international standard -- ISO 5158 on Mobile financial services -- customer identification guidelines. The standard provides guidelines for customer identification in mobile financial services, including:
- an overview of customer identification for mobile financial services;
- general framework of customer identification for mobile financial services;
- assurance levels of identity evidences available from a mobile device;
- assurance levels of identities established based on these identity evidences;
- security and privacy considerations.
It also contains informative Annexes which demonstrate how to apply the assurance levels in practice, for example, (e)KYC use cases in different regions. The standard has is applicability for to various
kinds of mobile financial service providers, including but without limitation to commercial banks, third party payment providers, etc.
WG 18 is working towards for delivery of a DIS in the fall of 2022.
ISO/TC 68/SC 2/WG 19 "Security aspects of code-scanning payment" held its kick-off e-meeting on Oct 14 2020.
The mandate of this WG is to complete new ISO 5201, an International Standard on Financial Services – Code-scanning payment security. The standard provides covers the security issues of code-scanning technologies used for payments, including:
- an overview,
- a risk assessment,
- minimum security requirements and extended security guidelines for code-scanning payment, where the payer uses a device to operate the payment transaction.
The standard is applicable to both cases where the code is used to initiate a payment transaction [or?] is presented by the payer or by the payee. Details of payment infrastructure and general payment security problems are out of scope.
WG 19 is working towards delivery of a DIS in the summer 2022.