ISO CS decided that all governance and technical meetings between March 16, 2020 until July 31, 2020 must be held virtually or postponed until after that date.
The Technical Management Board (TMB) has assessed the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the technical work and put a set of measures for until July 31, 2020 in place. Those measures will be regularly reviewed and if needed adapted.
Highlights of the exceptional measures
Remote work may have an impact on the progress of the technical work as interactions might become more difficult and complex. The following measures are considered to provide some relief:
- On-hold status: if resources need to be shifted between projects and a project needs to be delayed in favour of another project, it can be put on hold for a 6-month period. The status “on-hold” shall be approved by a 4-week committee internal ballot (CIB)
- 9-month extension: All projects on Standard Development Track SDT-48 or SDT-36 will be allowed to request a 9-month extension after May 2020.
- CD balloting period: A P-member of the committee may request an extension of a 8-/12-week CD ballot by 4 weeks.
- Meeting notice: Plenary virtual meetings shall be notified 8-weeks in advance, virtual working group meetings 4-weeks in advance.
For further details or the full measures, please refer to https://connect.iso.org/pages/viewpage.action?title=COVID-19+-+Temporary+measures+for+committee+work&spaceKey=standards
- Participation guidelines for virtual meetings: https://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/fetch/2000/2122/15507012/20090199/21136381/Participation_guidelines_for_virtual_meetings_April_2020.pdf?nodeid=21167716&vernum=-2
- COVID-19 support to committees: https://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=21138142&objAction=Open&nexturl=%2Flivelink%2Flivelink%3Ffunc%3Dll%26objId%3D21136381%26objAction%3Dbrowse%26viewType%3D1