We are pleased to announce that Robin Doyle, U.S., is the newly elected Convenor of the Communications Sub-Group. Robin is replacing Jim Northey, who led the group as interim convener prior to becoming ISO/TC 68 Chair. Communication across the TC 68 community is essential given the interconnectedness of issues and standards that are managed by TC 68 for the financial services industry. The mission of the Communications Sub-Group is to bring relevant information to the TC 68 community and global financial services community serviced by TC 68 in a timely manner.
TC68 Communications Group
In June 2017, TC 68 leadership published the results of its Strategic Review. An outcome of the review was the creation of a permanent Communications Sub-Group for ISO/TC 68. In addition to proactively managing communications, the Sub-Group will be responsible for promoting and developing stakeholder engagement across all TC 68 subcommittees and groups.
We are pleased to announce that Robin Doyle, U.S., is the newly elected Convenor of the Communications Sub-Group. Robin is replacing Jim Northey, who led the group as interim convener prior to becoming ISO/TC 68 Chair.
Communication across the TC 68 community is essential given the interconnectedness of issues and standards that are managed by TC68 for the financial services industry. The mission of the Communications Sub-Group is to bring relevant information to the TC 68 community and global financial services community serviced by TC68 in a timely manner.
- Communication Plan
The Sub-Group expects that several formats will comprise the approach to TC68 communications including the following:
- Updates from working and study groups on current initiatives as milestones and important decision points, e.g., ballots, are reached
- Educational and background pieces on upcoming and ongoing ballots to help with voting decisions
- News articles relating to TC68 standards
- Detailed articles and whitepapers on topics facing the financial services community impacting standards.
The Sub-Group expects that these materials will be shared both through e-mail and on the TC 68 website and possibly other social media.
Some examples of current and near term publications include the following:
- Article on FSB Peer Review on the LEI (published)
- Article on “What is FinTech?” (published)
- Background paper on navigating the new UTI standard being created by ISO and the UTI generation guidance created/maintained outside of ISO.
- Publication of the TC68 Strategic Plan
- Recent publications on the LEI in payments and trade finance (published)
- ISOfocus article on Financial Inclusion
- Invitation to participate
We would like to encourage members of the TC68 community that are interested in participating in the Communications Sub-Group to reach out to Robin Doyle and state your interest to join the group.
Beyond that, we are hoping TC68 members will take part in enhancing our overall communication in the following ways:
- Convenors can work with the Communications Sub-Group to broadcast milestones and to provide information relating to the work that is important for the TC68 community to understand, e.g., background pieces in advance of a ballot.
- TC68 members can contribute articles they write or otherwise are aware of that relate to TC68 standards so that they may be shared though our planned communication channels.
- TC68 members can raise topics that they believe would be important for the whole community to hear about.
If a member of the community feels communication on a topic or standard or strategy is needed, it is likely that others feel the same way, so please bring forward such issues for possible broader communication within TC68.
More guidance on procedures and content will follow as the Sub-Group gets up and running. In the meantime, again, if you would like to join the Sub-Group, please let Robin Doyle know.
We look forward to working together with the membership to bring good communication to the TC68 community.
ISO/TC 68 Chair