Scope of ISO/TC 10 is standardisation and co-ordination of technical product documentation (TPD) (including technical drawings):
- manually produced or computer based;
- for technical purposes throughout the product life cycle ;
- to facilitate;
- exchange and
ISO/TC 10 is striving at providing a complete set of International Standard specifications, based on and created by international consensus. This ensures a well-based set of globally accepted basic specifications in support of all branches of industry, especially in support of the International, regional and national standards.
Experienced benefits of implementing TPD standards:
- reduced costs;
- assured quality;
- shortened elapsed time from design concept to market product;
- providing a platform for communication;
- reduced risk of misinterpretation.