The 38th ISO/TC8 Plenary in Singapore
Standardization of design, construction, structural elements, outfitting parts, equipment, methods and technology, and marine environmental matters, used in shipbuilding and the operation of ships, comprising sea-going ships, vessels for inland navigation, offshore structures, ship-to-shore interface and all other marine structures subject to IMO requirements.
- electrical and electronic equipment on board ships and marine structures (IEC / TC 18 and IEC / TC 80);
- internal combustion engines (ISO / TC 70);
- offshore structures for petroleum and natural gas industries, including procedures for assessment of the site specific application of mobile offshore drilling and accommodation units for the petroleum and natural gas industry (ISO / TC 67 / SC 7);
- steel and aluminium structures (ISO / TC 167);
- equipment and construction details of recreational craft and other small craft (not being lifeboats and lifesaving equipment) less than 24 metres in overall length (ISO / TC 188);
- sea bed mining;
- equipment which is not specific for use on board ships and marine structures (e.g. pipes, steel wire ropes, etc.) and falling within the scope of particular ISO technical committees with which a regular mutual liaison must be maintained.