Who are we?
We are the ISO Committee with responsibility for ISO 14001 - the international standard for environmental management and other supporting standards, see below for our standards and on the right for our current projects.
Our vision and mission
We are responsible for standardization in the field of environmental management systems to support the achievement of ‘sustainability’.
What are the changes in ISO 14001?
ISO 14001- what does achieving FDIS mean?
- Significant step for this critical environmental standard which deals with all environmental issues be they water, air, climate change or others in a ‘holistic’ manner
- Positive meetings in Tokyo and London in 2015 has successfully resolved all comments received on the DIS
- Journey to develop the supporting standard ISO 14004 is also on track – DIS vote started in February
ISO Standards we have responsibility for
- ISO 14001 Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use
- ISO 14004 Environmental management systems – General guidelines on principles, systems and support techniques
- ISO 14005 Environmental management systems – Guidelines for the phased implementation of an environmental management system, including the use of environmental performance evaluation
- ISO 14006 Environmental management systems – Guidelines for incorporating ecodesign!
- ISO 14001 revision
- ISO 14004 revision
- Survey of 5000 users
- How does ISO 14001 support environmental challenges?
- ISO 14004 DIS ballot positive (87% agreement) - the new version of ISO 14004 is expected by the end of the year
- ISO 14001 reaches final stage - excellent! - The new version of ISO 14001 is due September 2015
- ISO 14001 DIS ballot was positive (92 % agreement) with comments.
- Consultation on revision of ISO 14005 launched, reply from National Standard Bodies by 1 June 2015
Want to get involved?
Standards are developed by the people who need them – that could mean you. Technical committees include experts from both standards and industry and these experts are put forward by ISO’s national members. If you want to help shape future standards in your field, contact your national member
Thank you to Flickr for pictures used on website - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ .
Thank you to Anne-Marie Warris for picture of sunset and tree roots used on website ©AnneMarieWarris
Thank you to each for suppling pictures of themselves Mike Henigan; Noer Wardojo; Katherina Wührl; Knut Jonassen; Anne-Marie Warris