This document specifies:
- personalization interface;
- physical systems: on-board equipment (OBE), personalization equipment (PE) and integrated circuit(s) cards (ICCs);
- electronic fee collection (EFC) personalization functions between the PE and the OBE in accordance with ISO/TS 21719-1 when using an ICC;
- data and security elements that are transferred between the PE and the OBE using the ICC.
It is outside the scope of this document to define:
- conformance procedures and test specifications;
- setting-up of operating organizations (e.g. toll service provider, personalization agent, trusted third party, etc.);
- legal issues;
- the exact commands and security functionality within ISO/IEC 7816-4 used by the PE and the OBE, respectively, to interface an ICC.
NOTE Some of the issues that are outside the scope of this document are the subject of separate standards prepared by CEN/TC 278 and ISO/TC 204.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2021-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 16
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 204 Intelligent transport systems
- ICS :
- 03.220.20 Road transport
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 92||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 92||Paper|
ISO/TS 21719-3:2021Stage: 60.60
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.