ISO/IEC 23000-16:2018 specifies four formats that are used by parties communicating using the Publish/Subscribe (PubSub) communication model for their multimedia communication purposes.
The PubSub parties are: Publisher, Subscriber, Match Service Provider (MSP) and Consumer and the formats employed are Resource Information (RI), Publication Information (PI), Subscription Information (SI) and Notification Information (NI).
ISO/IEC 23000-16:2018 specifies RI, PI, SI and NI in such a way that typical multimedia communication requirements can be supported. The following is a non-exhaustive list of such requirements.
- The Publisher can
- - describe the Resource for consumption purposes,
- - define the contract that will bind the Publisher and a Consumer,
- - request a device to report use of the Resource,
- - describe the Resource for distribution purposes,
- - define the contract that will bind the Publisher and a Match Service Provider (MSP) of a match involving the Publication, and
- - request the MSP to notify/not to notify a list of users.
- The Subscriber can
- - query the Resource,
- - define the contract that will bind the Subscriber and a Match Service Provider (MSP), and
- - request the MSP to notify/not to notify a list of users of a match involving the Subscription.
ISO/IEC 23000-16:2018 does not specify the protocols used to carry these payloads.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2018-01
Edition : 1Number of pages : 27
Technical Committee:Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
Buy this standard
|PDF + ePub|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda