ISO 20297-1:2017 Preview
Industrial trucks -- Lorry-mounted trucks -- Part 1: Safety requirements and verification
ISO 20297-1:2017 specifies safety requirements and their verification for industrial and rough-terrain lorry‑mounted trucks (hereafter referred to as "trucks").
ISO 20297-1:2017 is applicable to those trucks capable of self-loading onto a carrier vehicle. It is not applicable to
- trucks that are driven onto the carrier vehicle, or
- trucks that are loaded onto the carrier vehicle with the assistance of external means, i.e. crane or other lifting device.
ISO 20297-1:2017 deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations or hazardous events relevant to machinery, when it is used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer. The significant hazards covered by this document are listed in Annex A.
ISO 20297-1:2017 does not address hazards which can occur
- during manufacture,
- when handling suspended loads, which may swing freely,
- when using trucks on public roads,
- when operating in potentially explosive atmospheres,
- with a battery or hybrid as the primary power source.
ISO 20297-1:2017 does not address the requirements of road safety when the truck is mounted on the carrier vehicle.
ISO 20297-1:2017 is not applicable to trucks manufactured before the date of its publication.
Buy this standard
|PDF + ePub|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda