ISO 15008:2017 Preview
Road vehicles -- Ergonomic aspects of transport information and control systems -- Specifications and test procedures for in-vehicle visual presentation
ISO 15008:2017 specifies minimum requirements for the image quality and legibility of displays containing dynamic (changeable) visual information presented to the driver of a passenger car by on-board transport information and control systems (TICS) used while the vehicle is in motion. Heavy vehicles are excluded for the requirements of contrast and font size since these chapters reference ISO 4513 which is only applicable for passenger vehicles. These requirements are intended to be independent of display technologies. Reference to test methods and measurements for assessing compliance with them have been included where necessary.
ISO 15008:2017 is applicable mainly to perceptual, and some basic cognitive, components of the visual information, including character legibility and colour recognition. It is not applicable to other factors affecting performance and comfort, such as coding, format and dialogue characteristics, or to displays using:
- characters presented as a part of a symbol or pictorial information (e.g.CD symbol);
- superimposed information on the external field (e.g. head-up displays);
- pictorial images (e.g. rear view camera);
- maps and topographic representations (e.g. those for setting navigation systems); or
- quasi-static information (e.g. AM/PM, km/miles, kPa/PSI, On/Off information).
Buy this standard
|PDF + ePub|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda