ISO 18400-201:2017 specifies methods for the pretreatment of samples that can be applied "in the field" directly after sampling. Pretreatment methods in this document are limited to:
- sample division methods aimed at reducing the size/volume of the sample;
- the production of composite samples;
- the selection of a specific fraction of the sampled material.
- does not apply to samples required for biological or microbiological examination,
- does not apply to soil materials sampled for the content of volatile components, and
NOTE 1 These soil materials are intended to be sampled according to ISO 22155.
-? does not give instructions for particle size reduction.
NOTE 2 Guidance for particle size reduction is given in ISO 11464, ISO 14507 and ISO 23909.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2017-01
Edition : 1Number of pages : 21
Technical Committee:Impact assessment
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda