ISO 20121:2012 Preview
Event sustainability management systems -- Requirements with guidance for use
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 20121:2012 specifies requirements for an event sustainability management system for any type of event or event-related activity, and provides guidance on conforming to those requirements.
ISO 20121:2012 is applicable to any organization that wishes to:
- establish, implement, maintain and improve an event sustainability management system;
- ensure that it is in conformity with its stated sustainable development policy;
- demonstrate voluntary conformity with ISO 20121:2012 by
- first party (self-determination and self-declaration),
- second party (confirmation of conformance by parties having an interest in the organization, such as clients, or by other persons on their behalf), or
- an independent third party (e.g. a certification body).
ISO 20121:2012 has been designed to address the management of improved sustainability throughout the entire event management cycle.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2012-06
Edition : 1Number of pages : 42
Technical Committee:Technical Management Board - groups
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda