This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 8709:2010 specifies tests and measurement methods for service brake systems and, where applicable, associated parking brake systems of twoâwheeled mopeds (3â1) and threeâwheeled mopeds (3â2) which are intended for use on public roads, in order to establish uniform worldwide test procedures for braking systems.
ISO 8709:2010 does not cover mopeds which:
- have a maximum speed of less than 25 km/h;
- are equipped for disabled riders.
ISO 8709:2010 sets out the following types of tests:
- dynamic tests:
- dry stop test (single brake control actuated);
- wet brake test;
- parking brake system test;
- powerâassisted brake system failure test.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2010-04
Edition : 2Number of pages : 21
Technical Committee:Motorcycles and mopeds
Buy this standard