This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2020. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC TR 29144:2014 discusses
- concepts and considerations for the use of biometrics in a commercial Identity Management Solution,
- items that need to be considered when integrating biometrics into a commercial Identity Management Solution, and
- implementation issues when implementing biometrics into commercial Identity Management Solutions.
ISO/IEC TR 29144:2014 does not
- define an architecture and framework for IDM,
- discuss any specification or assessment of government policy,
- discuss the business need for a biometric database or process,
- discuss the specific biometrics and which ones are to be used in particular systems,
- consider the legality and acceptability in particular jurisdictions and cultures,
- analyse the general structure of identifiers and the global identification of objects (e.g. object identifiers), and
- discuss technical specifications in relation to the use of trusted biometric hardware and software.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2014-07
Edition : 1Number of pages : 12
Buy this standard