Automatic vehicle and equipment identification -- Electronic Registration Identification (ERI) for vehicles -- Part 4: Secure communications using asymmetrical techniques
This standard has been revised by ISO 24534-4:2010
ISO TS 24534-4:2008 provides the requirements for an Electronic Registration Identification (ERI) that is based on an identifier assigned to a vehicle (e.g. for recognition by national authorities) and suitable to be used for :
- electronic identification of local and foreign vehicles by national authorities,
- vehicle manufacturing, in-life-maintenance and end-of-life identification (vehicle life cycle management),
- adaptation of vehicle data, e.g. in case of international re-sales,
- safety related purposes,
- crime reduction, and
- commercial services.
It adheres to privacy and data protection regulations.
ISO TS 24534-4:2008 specifies the interfaces for a secure exchange of data between an ERT and an ERI reader or ERI writer in or outside the vehicle using asymmetric encryption techniques. It includes:
- the application layer interface between an ERT and a onboard ERI reader or writer,
- the application layer interface between the onboard ERI equipment and external ERI readers and writers, and
- security issues related to the communication with the ERT.
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Revisions / Corrigenda