ISO/IEC TR 19075-1:2011 describes the regular expression support in SQL adopted from the regular expression syntax of XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators (Second Edition), which is derived from Perl. It discusses five operators using this regular expression syntax:
- LIKE_REGEX predicate, to determine the existence of a match to a regular expression.
- OCCURRENCES_REGEX numeric function, to determine the number of matches to a regular expression.
- POSITION_REGEX function, to determine the position of a match.
- SUBSTRING_REGEX function, to extract a substring matching a regular expression.
- TRANSLATE_REGEX function, to perform replacements using a regular expression.
Status : WithdrawnPublication date : 2011-07
Edition : 1Number of pages : 23
Technical Committee:Data management and interchange