This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2020. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 22533:2005 defines the characteristics of 90 mm Optical Disk Cartridges (ODC) with a capacity of 2,3 GB per cartridge. It specifies only Type R/W for 2 048-byte sectors of such cartridge.
Type R/W provides for data to be written, read and erased many times over the entire recording surface of the disk using the thermo-magnetic and magneto-optical effects. It is also referred to as "fully rewritable". ISO/IEC 22533:2005 provides for 2 048-byte sectors only. All sectors on a disk are of the same size.
ISO/IEC 22533:2005 specifies:
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference Drive;
- the environments in which the cartridges are to be operated and stored;
- the mechanical and physical characteristics of the cartridge, so as to provide mechanical interchange ability between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, both embossed and user-written, including the physical disposition of the tracks and sectors, the error correction codes and the modulation method used;
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the magneto-optical characteristics of the disk, enabling processing systems to write data onto the disk;
- the minimum quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling data processing systems to read data from the disk.
ISO/IEC 22533:2005 provides for interchange between optical disk drives. Together with a standard for volume and file structure, it provides for full data interchange between data processing systems.
Status : PublishedPublication date : 2005-07
Edition : 1Number of pages : 126
Technical Committee:Digitally recorded media for information interchange and storage
Buy this standard