ISO/TS 21929-1:2006 provides a framework, makes recommendations, and gives guidelines for the development and selection of appropriate sustainability indicators for buildings.
The aim of this part of ISO/TS 21929-1:2006 is to define the process that shall be followed when addressing the economic, environmental and social impacts of a building using a common framework and a set of indicators. This part of ISO/TS 21929-1:2006:
- adapts general sustainability principles for buildings;
- includes a framework for the assessment of economic, environmental and social impacts of buildings;
- shows indicators as examples;
- shows how to use sustainability indicators with regard to buildings and shows the process of using sustainability indicators;
- supports the process of choosing indicators;
- supports the development of assessment tools;
- defines the conformity with this specification.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2006-03
Edition: 1Number of pages: 16
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 59/SC 17 Sustainability in buildings and civil engineering works