ISO PAS 11856 describes the following six methods for determining fibre bind of textile floor coverings. Each test method states the type(s) of textile floor coverings for which the test is applicable.
- Lisson Tretrad test:
- Method A for mass loss for synthetic cut pile carpets;
- Method B for appearance change of synthetic loop pile carpets.
- Modified Martindale machine test for mass loss/appearance change.
- Hexapod tumbler test for mass loss.
- Japanese fibre bind test.
- Usometer test for fuzzing and pilling of loop pile carpets.
- Fiberlock tester test for fuzzing and pilling of loop pile carpets.
Status : WithdrawnPublication date : 2003-01
Edition : 1Number of pages : 16
Technical Committee:Floor coverings