The ISO 22000 family
The ISO 22000 family includes the following international standards, sector specific basic programs, guides and handbooks:
- ISO 22000:2005 ‘Food safety management systems - Requirements for any organization in the food chain.’ The basic international standard for food safety management system:
- ISO 22004-2014 'Guidance on the application of ISO 22000:2005.' A guide in the use of ISO 22000.
- ISO 22005-2007 'Traceability in the feed and food chain - General principles and basic.' An international standard that gives the principles and specifies basic requirements for the design and implementation of a feed and food traceability system.
- ISO/TS 22003-2013 Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of food safety management systems.' For certification within the ISO 22000 series.
As a support for ISO 22000 users, technical specifications with sector specific basic programs have been developed:
- ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 'Food manufacturing'
- ISO/TS 22002-2:2013 'Catering'
- ISO/TS 22002-3:2011 'Farming'
- ISO/TS 22002-4:2013 'Food packaging manufacturing'
- ISO/TS 22002-6:2016 'Feed and animal food production'
- ISO 22000 - Are you ready (2007)
- How to use ISO 22000 (2013)
- ISO/TS 22003:2013 with ISO/IEC 17021:2011 Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems can be found in a completed handbook.