ISO 10218-2, Robotics - Safety requirements for robot systems, cells and applications intended for use in an industrial environment - Part 2: Robot systems and integration (revision)
This standard is under revision to include the following:
- To more fully address collaborative applications
- Clarity about safety functions and functional safety requirements
- To incorporate the guidance contained in the following documents:
- ISO/TS 15066
- and possiby also ISO/TR 20218-1 and ISO TR 20218-2
- Electrical requirements from the perspective that some requirements (e.g. actuating controls, pendant control, modes) might be inhibiting the development or use of new technology.
Since 2011, industrial robot systems, cells, lines, and applications have undergone many enhancements and improvements. In particular, industrial robot systems now can have many safety functions. These additions have been spurred by improved ease of use, the topic of collaborative applications and the introduction of robots with power and force limiting capabilities.
This standard is for use by integrators of industrial robot systems/ cells/ lines.
Revision started in June 2017, with publication in 2021.
(Pictures by permission from ABB, Universal Robots)