ISO 25862:2009 gives requirements regarding construction and performance of marine magnetic compasses for navigation and steering purposes, binnacles and azimuth reading devices.
According to the design of the ship, two types of binnacle are specified.
ISO 25862:2009 applies to liquid-filled magnetic compasses:
- intended for ship's navigation and steering purposes in sea navigation according to regulations in force;
- having a direct reading system;
- which may be of the reflecting, projecting or transmitting types.
In the context of ISO 25862:2009, a magnetic compass is an instrument consisting of a directional system supported by a single pivot inside a bowl which is completely filled with liquid, and which is supported in gimbals inside or outside the bowl. Compasses without gimbals are also covered by ISO 25862:2009; the requirements relating to gimbals do not apply to such compasses.
ISO 25862:2009 applies to
- all ships to which SOLAS applies (ships of gross tonnage W 150 t, engaged on international voyages and ships of gross tonnage W 500 t not engaged on international voyages) fitted with class A magnetic compasses,
- all ships to which SOLAS does not apply, fitted with the class A or class B magnetic compasses, and
- lifeboats/rescue boats fitted with a class B magnetic compass (as specified in Annex H).
ISO 25862:2009 does not apply to:
- dry card compasses,
- types of compass designed on principles different from those stated above or not complying with the descriptions given, or
- hand bearing compasses.
The requirements for the testing and certification, positioning in ships and the deviation adjustment of compasses are also given.
ISO 25862:2009 unifies (i.e. cancels and replaces) ISO 449, ISO 613, ISO 694,ISO 2269 and ISO 10316.
Текущий статус : WithdrawnДата публикации : 2009-05
Версия : 1
Технический комитет:Navigation and ship operations