ISO 7376:2003 specifies general requirements for laryngoscopes and critical dimensions for the handle and lamp of hook-on type laryngoscopes.
It is applicable only to instruments with an electrical power source for illuminating the larynx, since electrical safety requirements may be more stringent for instruments connected to mains or external power packs.
ISO 7376:2003 is not applicable to surgical instruments known by the same generic name.
ISO 7376:2003 does not apply to:
- -- the blade form or handle design, except for general requirements and the interchangeability aspects of the connection between the blade and the handle;
- -- the measurement and specification of the lamp illumination intensity;
- -- flexible laryngoscopes, or laryngoscopes designed for surgery;
- -- laryngoscopes powered from mains electricity supply;
- -- laryngoscopes connected by light-transmitting cables to external light sources.
Instruments connected by light guides to an external light source may be subject to other International Standards for endoscopes.
Текущий статус : WithdrawnДата публикации : 2003-12
Версия : 1
Технический комитет:Airways and related equipment