The Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing (SOSMT) is the central state administration body for technical standardization, metrology; and quality and conformity assessment.
The mission of SOSMT is to create and develop quality infrastructure tools. Its primary goal is to create a competitive and effective environment in Slovakia and to support the protection of consumers - each citizen.
The current activities of SOSMT in the field of industrial products cover:
- cross-industry competence; creation and development of quality infrastructure tools in the fields of standardization, metrology, conformity assessment; accreditation and market surveillance
- participation in the creation and performance of state policy in standardization, metrology; and quality and conformity assessment
- elaboration of state policy concept in the fields of standardization, metrology, and quality and conformity assessment
- drafting acts and government ordinances; and general binding legal regulations
- performing state administration and surveillance
- contracting international pacts and ensuring their compliance
SOSMT's standardization department performs the activities of the National Standards Body and fulfills the functions of the National Information Centre.
Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing
SK-810 05 Bratislava
Тел.: +421 2 5748 5403
Факс: +421 2 5249 1050